I hate to waste anything, but especially food! I just try to save money anyway that I can. So when I saw that I had some bananas going bad on my kitchen counter I knew just what to make with them. Banana bread! I love homemade banana bread. It’s like a cake without the icing! Since I don’t actually like icing, it’s the perfect dessert for me. (I know, I’m weird :-P)
Let me let you in on a little secret… to make banana bread even better you can add CHOCOLATE! Yes, I did say chocolate. Yum! I added chocolate chips to make it a little sweeter and it give it a little umph but you could definitely leave them out or even substitute nuts!
When making this banana bread, you could make a single loaf or you could do mini loaves. I ended up using an old cornbread pan that was my grandma’s. It made 8 cute mini loaves! Aren’t they precious? They are even smaller than regular mini loaves. <3 (Making them in this pan is what the recipe is specified for, but I also included baking time for a whole loaf.)
This recipe is so ridiculously easy and so delicious! It’s so hard not to eat them all! Let me know how this recipe turns out for you. As always, thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget to subscribe to my page for updates and other mouth-watering recipes like this one. 😉
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts
- Cream the butter with the sugar. Then add egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a separate bowl. Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Add the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the chocolate chips or nuts. (or neither 😛 )
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins in a well-greased pan. (325 degrees for a dark pan)
- It’s done when you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean. Serve warm.
(For a whole loaf then bake for about 1 hour.)